JWs 99 two door hoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
It's entirely possible that your nearly twenty year old rig was/is a little out of shape, and that nothing was really wrong with the kit. My RCX diff drop kit installation was simple and quick. Just saying.

By the way, it looks awesome. I'm not a fan of your wheel/tire selection, but that's a great stance.

John Wayne

Reaction score
I thought that at first too, and its possible that might be a bit of the problem. Things like kicker braces too short, uca bracket holes too small for the bolts, ubolts too long to tighten, and the bracket on the back cross member being too narrow for my diff eye makes me think it wasnt my truck. The other fitment problems could be attributed to my truck in particular but idk. I was just giving my experience.

John Wayne

Reaction score
Threw in hids switchbacks and a phantom grille. I also put an exhaust on. It's a magnaflow di/si with a 3x6x18 tip stuffed into the stock. Not sure how I feel about the phantom, but it works for now.

You must be registered for see images attach

John Wayne

Reaction score
My gf bought me some wheel rings for Christmas. I had a local shop install them and 8 rock lights this week. I know most ppl hate underglow, but idgaf it turned out cool to me. The wheel rings and rock lights are wayyy brighter than I expected. I need to install my shock hoops and get some resi's up front now tho. I also did a roof rack delete with silverado's delete plates I love it without the rack.

You must be registered for see images

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the same fitment issues with my RCX lift kit on my 98 2dr Tahoe. I had to redrill holes in the upper drop down brackets. Then, align them in place and redrill the holes in the truck in order for the bolt to go all the way through. The lower bracing bars were too short and I had to make my own holes in the crossmember in order to be able to use them. AND, they didnt send me enough of the rubber bushings for them which I found out the hard way on a Friday afternoon. I made them overnight me the missing hardware bag. I never used the AAL since Im only running 33s and I opted for a 5" lift. I think I paid $80 of so for 5" lift blocks from Rough Country and then sold my 4" blocks online.
My lift has been in for about 3 years now and I dont have any issues with it. I do not wheel my truck either.

Oh and it looks like youre missing the inner wheel well splash guards.

John Wayne

Reaction score
Rig looks great. Lights are not my thing.

Thanks, I've always liked the looks of the underglow but i realize its not for everyone.

I had the same fitment issues with my RCX lift kit on my 98 2dr Tahoe. I had to redrill holes in the upper drop down brackets. Then, align them in place and redrill the holes in the truck in order for the bolt to go all the way through. The lower bracing bars were too short and I had to make my own holes in the crossmember in order to be able to use them. AND, they didnt send me enough of the rubber bushings for them which I found out the hard way on a Friday afternoon. I made them overnight me the missing hardware bag. I never used the AAL since Im only running 33s and I opted for a 5" lift. I think I paid $80 of so for 5" lift blocks from Rough Country and then sold my 4" blocks online.
My lift has been in for about 3 years now and I dont have any issues with it. I do not wheel my truck either.

Oh and it looks like youre missing the inner wheel well splash guards.

Man I knew i couldnt have been the only one to have these issues. My experience was about the same. Its been fine so far though. I am indeed missing the splash guards i bought some from LMC. I just havent installed them yet bc I've lost a bit of steam on the project for right now.