JWs 99 two door hoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Wayne

Reaction score
I drove to MS 2 weeks ago and picked up a 99 2 door with 83k on the clock. Nothing crazy just a pretty clean stock two door which is what I've wanted for several years. Just a 350 auto with gray cloth. I previously owned a 96 6.5 Tahoe with rust issues from up north.

Anyway onto pics

The day I bought it.

You must be registered for see images attach

I had a set of APC clear tails I had set back for this build so this was the first thing to go on.

Then I thought I found some APC clear corners with the fresnal (checkered) lenses on flea bay. I was wrong but they turned out decent with some new heads and blinks. I threw on a billet bowtie while the grille was out too.

Now comes the waiting part. I ordered a set of 22x12 fuel forged ff31s. Im a huge fan of weld racing sandstorms ,but obviously they aren't easy to come by plus I already have a 20x12 set on my Duramax.

Ordered an rcx its sitting in a storage room now too. I figure no use in lifting it then waiting another month or two on wheels to show up.

Other than all that I have a third brake light otw. My tires are yet to be decided I know I can fit 33x12.50r22 but I'm really wanting to go to 355/40r22 trail grapplers. I'm just unsure if i can fit a tire that wide without trimming, and with my flares I don't want to have to trim at all.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that a 6" or 4"? I had a 6" in the boxes? on my old Suburban and i fit 35"s perfectly. I love a 2dr, every time I see one, I want one more and more.

John Wayne

Reaction score
I ordered the 6", but I'm fairly sure they're the same kit just with an aal thrown in or am i incorrect?

camaroman101

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered the 6", but I'm fairly sure they're the same kit just with an aal thrown in or am i incorrect?
Yea the 6" just includes an aal. Mind if I asked what you paid for the 2 door? The prices where I live have creeped up. I should've bought one when they were cheaper.

John Wayne

Reaction score
I'd rather not say bc I paid way too much ,but it was everything I wanted so it's ok I guess lol.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice clean looking truck. Still wish the roof came off like the older ones. not a fan of the taillights, but that's me, as long as your happy. any more pics. congrats on the purchase.

John Wayne

Reaction score
nice clean looking truck. Still wish the roof came off like the older ones. not a fan of the taillights, but that's me, as long as your happy. any more pics. congrats on the purchase.

Lol you either love the taillights or hate them there is no in between it seems. I only have one new Tahoe pic to throw up l I took the nerf bars off is the only difference. My wheels came in yesterday too tho, but the only problem is idk when my front plate and T-bar drops will get back from chrome. Also got alot of stuff going on to where idk when I'll be able to install my lift ,but whatever it'll get there some day haha.

John Wayne

Reaction score
Lol my dmax been wilding lately with the fuel filter head so after a lift pump install I'll get back to messing with my tahoe. When I said I was waiting on chrome I meant I need to actually take it to be waiting on it lol. Taking it to the chrome this weekend. We'll see how long it takes.

Dmax pic if anybody curious.

John Wayne

Reaction score
Well my pieces are back from chrome they came out better than I anticipated really. Bad news is my dmax is having some issues so I gotta sort thru that before I tear this thing apart for a lift.

Last edited: