Justin S's non GMT400 projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
How close are the Ford 4.6 intake elbows? Could one of those be hacked up for cheap to work? They are a pretty tight bend and could be an inexpensive starting point

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
How close are the Ford 4.6 intake elbows? Could one of those be hacked up for cheap to work? They are a pretty tight bend and could be an inexpensive starting point
I just looked one up and it looks like i'd probably have to do quite a bit of modifying still. I actually need to make it bend more than 90 degrees to make it fit how I want. It's hard to see in the picture because the support bar isn't in place. I measured the bore of the throttle and it's exactly 2 3/4 in diameter, so my plan is to get two pieces of 1/4" steel and drill two holes in them for the mounting sides and possibly use an exhaust adapter as a start for one side to make the tube. Cadillac also thought it would be a good idea for some reason to make the bolt holes uneven.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Irregular mounting pattern eh? Because that's what you need to idiot proof is the throttle body orientation, heaven forbid someone put it in upside down and think "Christ, if only they made it bolt in one way"

A-holes.

2-3/4 mandrel bent tube from Jegs or a piece from silicone intakes.com maybe could speed things up to.

Bolt the intake on backwards

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Irregular mounting pattern eh? Because that's what you need to idiot proof is the throttle body orientation, heaven forbid someone put it in upside down and think "Christ, if only they made it bolt in one way"

A-holes.

2-3/4 mandrel bent tube from Jegs or a piece from silicone intakes.com maybe could speed things up to.

Bolt the intake on backwards
Ill look into the pipes, I did think about swapping this intake backwards but it wouldn't work in this application. I have some time to play around with it while i wait for the driveshaft anyways.
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Well some good news and some bad. Good news is I made some progress with the throttle body tube. Still needs lots of work but its together at least. Bad news is i got the bypass regulator and installed it and it promptly decided to rupture the diaphragm and shoot gas out of the vacuum port like a fountain. Sending it back and buying a name brand one like i probably should have done in the first place. It cost twice as much so it better work!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Interior wiring is mostly done. Got some weight reduction by trimming what i didnt need in the harness too

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
More progress! Gas pedal is in, cluster mounted, new fuel bypass regulator showed up today and works perfect, throttle body bracket is done and mounted, and shifter is mounted!

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the beginning of your swap, I was like why? Why drop in all the Caddy drivetrain and wiring etc into that side kick. Now I am Just like why not !! [emoji106] [emoji3] BTW, I heard those 3.6 are notorious for timing chain valve guides to go bad.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk