Justin S's non GMT400 projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
getting anywhere on that midget car lol?
I haven't touched it since getting the body set on the frame. I have 3 projects and lately work has been so busy and hot that the last thing I feel like doing after working on cars all day while sweating my balls off is coming home and doing it more.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I haven't touched it since getting the body set on the frame. I have 3 projects and lately work has been so busy and hot that the last thing I feel like doing after working on cars all day while sweating my balls off is coming home and doing it more.
Gotta get you some ac in that shop of yours!

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got the sudden urge to tinker with the Sidekick, since technically that one's the closest to being street driven even though it lacks a drivetrain. I removed some of the front end of the car so the new engine and trans should slide right in. I would have test fit it if someone hadn't borrowed my cherry picker like I told him he could! :D I think i'm going to try a different approach for the motor mounts and just make some solid brackets that go to the sides instead of from underneath like they were in the Caddy. I think i'll put a small piece of wood on the cradle to make a space for the oil pan, and I should be able to get some easy measurements to make the brackets.
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Finally tackled some of the big stuff on the Sidekick. Engine and trans are in, made 2 custom motor mounts and rigged up a trans mount. It went in almost as well as I had imagined, I ended up having to cut off both converters, but thats obviously not a problem! I'll make some sort of dual exhaust later. Ran most of the wiring in the general locations, fuel line hooked up, and hacked the dash to make the cluster sit in better. There really isn't too much more to do to make it run. Still need to do coolant hoses, trans cooler, driveshaft, battery wiring, and figure out what i'm going to do about the steering column. I'm contemplating on using the Caddy one since it will have the plugs and all, or just rip off all the wiring and just use the lock cylinder so I won't have to mess with changing the wiring for the lights and wipers. The only thing that I can see that might give me a little problem is finding another radiator that will fit, and throttle body and MAF, it sits very close to the front and as of right now I can't shut the hood all the way. I might have to make a custom tube so I can mount the throttle body at a 90 degree angle. Aside from that, i'm thrilled with what I got done today.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I finally got the sidekick running. Took a few days and several hours of diagnosing. Turns out i had to keep the front body control module to have the theft system work right. Lots of wiring to tidy up and hide but the hard part is done!

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I wish!! I should be able to get rid of some of the wiring, But i wanted to make sure it would run first Before hacking anything more than i already have
You should put that on the list of things to do after the wiring is complete. Lol. Its definatly got the wheel base for it.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Lots of progress was made on project Caddyshack last night! The cooling system is done, and I cleaned up the wiring under the hood. I sent off the driveshaft pieces, and the new fuel pressure regulator should be here Wednesday. I decided that i'm going to make a custom throttle body elbow since its in a bad location where it is. With the throttle body off, I only have about 2.5 inches before it hits the front crossbar, so i'm going to craft something that looks like this picture, but I'm sure won't be nearly as pretty.