Justin S's non GMT400 projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
My wife likes Wranglers, but I think she likes the idea of having one more than she'd enjoy driving one. A while ago she was thinking about getting a 4 door soft top, but I convinced her its not very practical with kids and winter driving. I know she loves trucks way more though.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Only you would find a drive-able 5spd truck for under 400 bucks. Bravo

What do you got a sixth or even a seventh sense for this kinda thing?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Only you would find a drive-able 5spd truck for under 400 bucks. Bravo

What do you got a sixth or even a seventh sense for this kinda thing?
Apparently. This one was traded in at my work, and they were willing to sell it to me for what they took it in for. Lots of cars come through for $500 or less, but most are absolute junk. That's also where I got Dylan1991_1500's truck.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Did a few quick things to the new truck today, degreased the engine (has a small ps fluid leak from somewhere, but has accumulated quite a bit of buildup on the bottom of the reservoir, lines, and rack.) I don't think its something i'll even bother taking care of unless it gets worse. Got some duplicolor touch up paint and went over the rust spots too, looks much better. I cleaned out the throttle body just because, and actually found an old K&N air filter I had laying around in the barn that fit perfectly to replace the old filter. I also popped out the cluster and popped the ABS and BRAKE lights out so they're not on anymore. Lastly, went over the interior with some Armorall, and "fixed" the saggy headliner. I had some of that spray adhesive but the material had shrunk so it didn't turn out super, at least it's not hitting my head anymore. I might end up getting it on the road tomorrow. The only thing I will want to do short term are the front shocks.
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Popped the truck on the lift today to check everything out and found that it has a loose front wheel bearing, and also found the source of the power steering leak. It's coming from one of the steering rack bypass lines right at the fitting. Luckily they are available aftermarket. I ordered both of those parts, along with front shocks online for a total of $87. Might get it registered and everything tomorrow.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Popped the truck on the lift today to check everything out and found that it has a loose front wheel bearing, and also found the source of the power steering leak. It's coming from one of the steering rack bypass lines right at the fitting. Luckily they are available aftermarket. I ordered both of those parts, along with front shocks online for a total of $87. Might get it registered and everything tomorrow.
Wow, i figured it would have more problems for no more than ya paid for it