Justin S's non GMT400 projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Oh yeah, so many of them thought I was serious, even after putting up a picture of the back end up on my trailer ready for scrap. Way too many comments to paste into here haha

99% of my purchases are through Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. The engines in 2011-13 Sonatas are under recall where regardless of mileage and owner, if its knocking or blown up you get a free replacement. Same with some Santa Fes and Kias too.
Dont you work for a kia dealership?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Dont you work for a kia dealership?
Yes, and used to work for Hyundai too, pretty much the same thing. I literally towed the Sonata from where I picked it up from straight to where i used to work, and one of my old coworkers was thrilled to get the job because these engines pay well and are cake to put in.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Been slacking on this thread. Here's a few things I've done this summer.
Just finished parting out this 2011 Sonata. Was a shame, but had title issues that couldn't be resolved.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bought this 2012 Rio from work, a month ago we had some bad flooding in the area and the owner drove it through a big puddle and hydrolocked it. I put a new engine in, just waiting for the title to sell.

Bought this half of a 1965 VW Sand Rail, the plan is to eventually graft the half GTP to the back and have a fun toy.

Picked up this 72 Chevelle on eBay for $200. I completely stripped it and am still selling parts still.

The Chevy in my front yard has grown nicely from the engine bay too, got a nice pic of it last week.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Not really much to update on any GMT stuff, however i did get around to making my latest thrown together project, the Sand Prix. Half VW, half GTP. Just got it finished enough for a small test drive this past weekend.

On another note, I blew up my Subaru 500 miles after just doing head gaskets, clutch, and timing belt. Luckily found a cheap short block to throw all the other parts on.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Another new project found me. This ones a 1981 Porsche 924 Turbo. Its pretty rough, but for the past few weeks I've beem resurrecting it enough to be road legal. I plan on using it for autocross/rallycross events. Since insurance is dirt cheap i figured i might as well register it.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Some cool pics from recent projects. Craftsman mower with a 23 hp v twin swapped in, along with pulley swap and some other minor mods. Also, 93 Geo Tracker doing some sweet jumps. Too bad its a rust belt vehicle.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Did it again with a Jeep. So rusty the gearbox ripped off the frame.

Last pic is what was left of the Tracker body. Done a few partouts on gmt800s, this last one made me a decent profit, including a complete LS1 with painless wire harness, ECU, all sensors, and headers.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score

Oh, and have a junk Saab ready for the next field day, which will probably be spring.