Justin S's non GMT400 projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Called in to work today because our air compressor is down and its too nice of a day to be stuck at work with that going on. I got a bunch done to the Chevy. I patched the holes in the floors and put my old Sidekick seats in so my kids can play in it. I went to the local junkyard in search of some parts, and wouldn't ya know they have 2 of these. I found a trunk lid already off of one of them laying behind it in the mud. One even has a hood, but no way to grab that with my Pontiac. Ill go back and get that sometime. Looked around a little more and grabbed a grille off of an early 50s truck, and headlight buckets from an old VW squareback. I also removed the front springs, and cut part of the rear leafs off so it sits lower. Lastly, i grabbed some of the period correct Chevy hubcaps i had hanging up and rigged them to stay on the wheels. Just about ready for the front yard!
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Haven't done much updating lately. I got the Chevy out in the lawn. Also decorated it with some Christmas lights. Yesterday i found this truck online, ended up having it delivered to my house for $500. 01 2500hd 6.0 auto 2wd. High miles and lots of little issues but worth the price in parts. Ill hang on to the engine and maybe the trans and sell/scrap the rest.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
The plan is to have it down to a rolling chassis Saturday and maybe even on the trailer and have it ready for scrap if i feel like it Sunday.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got the truck all parted out and scrapped. I've already doubled my money from what i spent on it, and still have the engine, trans and rear end! Since i had such good luck with that i bought this today, a 2000 Silverado. Its only got 150k but its pretty rough around the edges. I'd say another $500 well spent

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Found this TJ body on Facebook Marketplace for free, so why not grab it right? It was only 5 min from my work. I figured I'd save anything possibly valuable and scrap the rest. I ended up torching off most of the rollcage bolts, which may have caught all of the seatbelt retractors on fire :D