Justin S's non GMT400 projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
In the beginning of your swap, I was like why? Why drop in all the Caddy drivetrain and wiring etc into that side kick. Now I am Just like why not !! [emoji106] [emoji3] BTW, I heard those 3.6 are notorious for timing chain valve guides to go bad.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk
Yeah I read up on them, this thing won't really be driven that much and it ran perfect with absolutely no noises before I pulled it. I can tell someone has had the engine apart before, so i'll just assume they've been done :D I didn't do any research on the engine before I decided to do the swap, I had already yanked the SR20 out of the car and was planning on just leaving it sit until I felt like doing something with it later on down the road, but came across the Craigslist ad for the Caddy and found out that it made more power than the SR20 did at a tenth of the cost, so that sold me. I knew there are kits for swapping a 4.3 v6 out of S10s and Blazers, and those are 90 degree blocks so I figured that meant a 60 degree one would fit even better :p

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Almost done with the big stuff! I let it run for a few minutes to heat up and check for coolant leaks, and didn't see any yet at least. Got the switch panel mocked up in place, still have to wire it in.
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Nearly done with all the basic stuff, just waiting on the driveshaft still. Almost finished making some straight piped dual exhaust, and it sounds amazing/obnoxious depending on the type of person you are

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Dude i swear, if you lift that a little and put like 33s on it just to raise the center of gravity a little, it would pop a wheelie.