just picked up a 99 tahoe; having problems with dad's 5.0 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Howdy from East Texas! Ive been scrolling on this site for years, just decided to make an account today because I just bought a 99 Tahoe from a family member for a steal, and so I'm getting back into chevys after a 2 year hiatus. (my daily is a 95 f150 for now), Chevy is the vehicle of choice for my whole family. Ive got the 99 Tahoe, my dad has a 1996 k1500 chevy with a 5.0, mom has a 1995 sierra v6, and my sister has a 99 Silverado with the 327. in the past Ive owned a 74, and 77 Cheyanne, a 77 bonanza, and an 81 custom deluxe, as well as a 99 k1500 burb (miss it so much!) dad had a 99 obs burb too, and so many 70 model chevys I couldn't count them all if I tried. it all started with my grandfather buying a brand new 77 chevy diesel from the factory, lol. ANYWAY I'm here now because we're beyond our knowledge on whats going on with my dads truck, and he's running out of patience. wont run worth a damn since he replaced the fuel regulator. hes already replaced the spider gasket 3 times, 3 different plenums, swapped the EGR, a new fuel pump and plug wires along with new plugs. idles okay but terrible misfires if you try to drive it, throwing p0300 for multiple misfires, and bank 2 sensor 1 o2 sensor not responding, both appeared after the leaking regulator was replaced, and its def. dumping fuel, its hard to stand around it, and it backfires in the pass. side manifold. checked for vac at the dipstick and vac leaks on the plenum. we're lost. can someone point me toward the right section for these questions?