Just picked up a 2000 tahoe limited.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ironroad9C1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

found it on facebook marketplace last night lets just say the price was right.
Was listed as having leaking "Headgaskets"lol only thing wrong is the locked up and the Intake Gaskets are leaking.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Damn that looks great! Looks like it cleaned up really good too.

What are the plans? Carpet looks like the only thing that needs to be addressed. Seat look like they're in really good shape compared to what I've saw before.

Ironroad9C1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the third one I have run across , the first one had the front bumper off and i was worried it had frame damage, second one was out of my price range ATM and i jumped on this one and stole it, I was looking for the cops all the way home..lol they even threw in a new battery and a new radiator ..lol it needs a serious deep cleaning though...but the bones are solid.

Ironroad9C1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well went to the junkyard today and found a brand new AC delco ac compressor with two bolts already removed just waiting for me to pluck it right off. then i needed a tensioner low and behold there was one sitting right off to the side, just picked it up and found a husky cargo liner for a tahoe sitting right on the ground, 50 bucks later , it runs like a champ, just put 30 miles on it. its a little low on power but the entire truck is tight as a drum. it has sat up for over a year so i figure a good synthetic oil change and fresh gas with some seafoam and more driving it will keep getting better.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Give her a good tune up and swap out the old spider injection assembly when you you do the intake gaskets. Make sure you get the new style MPFI spider from AcDelco or Delphi. THe engine will run so much better

Ironroad9C1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put 5 gallons of E85 in the tank with the old gas, to run for a bit to clean things out, Its the smoothest running vortec5.7 ive ever owned, It still has the orginal plug wires and Im betting the original plugs too..lol I got some NGKs to go in it as well as a brand new set of wires I got out of a suburban in the junkyard yesterday Ill stick on when I do the intake gasket swap. and I know about the spider Assy I've converted a vortec 4.3 and 2 other 5.7s .

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That thing is gorgeous. Nice find. Let me know how those NGKs work out.

Ironroad9C1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run them in everything, they work great. 3 days now and still no leaks of any kind. I think I know what happened after i changed the thermostat , It was one of those fail safe ones that sticks open if it overheats, cause after I got it running it wouldn't get up to operating temp, so i changed it and see that, and I figure the people were driving down the road, the AC compressor locked up, burned up the belt broke it and they never noticed until it was running hot and they just figured the head gaskets where blown..lol

Last edited: