Just ordered a 3/4 drop kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

One1999Chev

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I just ordered a 3/4 drop kit off Stylin' Trucks.
I went with this kit;
DJM Suspension DJM235134

It includes coil springs, hangars and shackles. I am hoping to install this on my stock height 1999 Chevrolet Silverado C1500. I am wondering what size of rims/tires I will be able to run if I install this drop kit?

I have purchased 15x8 and 15x10 rims for my truck already, and I also got 255/60/15 tires for my front 15x8s and 275/60/15 for the 15x10 on the rear....Will I have issues? Anyone running this setup already?

This is my first drop kit ever, I bought it because I have heard 3/4 doesn't need a frame c-notch (as opposed to 4/6, which usually requires that, from what I have read anyway) and Stylin' Trucks had a small sale where I saved about $40 on the kit itself and only paid $2 for shipping.
(Ended up paying about $285 Canadian for the kit)

Is there any recommendations on shocks I should get now that I hopefully can run a drop? Or will I be alright with leaving stock for awhile?

Thanks guys.

JimboSlice

Reaction score
Just finished a 5/8 on my 91 and am running stock shocks and drives amazing im really surprised, only issue is with weight in the bed they max out

One1999Chev

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I will have to just install and see how it drives and go from there eh?

JimboSlice

Reaction score
Im still going to change them probably belltech street performance. It still rides pretty good but potholes and the 3 inch deep man hole covers here in the northeast suck.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rides nice, only got new front shocks at the moment too. Definitely needs drop shocks on the rear but I am not sure which brand to get. Havent tested it on any huge dips yet lol

One1999Chev

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered some bell tech rear shocks since my stock rear are so ****** by the looks of them lol and bottoming out going over really small speed bumps if I'm going too fast

Nitro Drop 2

White92

Reaction score
Ordered some bell tech rear shocks since my stock rear are so ****** by the looks of them lol and bottoming out going over really small speed bumps if I'm going too fast

Nitro Drop 2

I'm running Nitro Drop shocks on all four corners of my Sierra with a 3/5 drop from Belltech. They are very nice. I had blown out Monroe's on it before installing the drop kit. So I definitely noticed a huge difference for the better.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I second the Nitro Drop 2's
You're "supposed" to get drop shocks if you go lower than 2 in the back and lower than 2 in the front.

I've got all 4 on mine with a 2/4. Rides really well to be lowered, my only problem is i haven't trimmed the back so the shackles hit the bed.

BubbaGump

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a big long thread about shocks sticky-ed at the top of the page in this forum. Might check that out. I'm running shocks from a '67 Impala and they seem to fit fine. No highway miles yet because the truck is under construction but I have tested the range of motion of the rear suspension and they have the right travel. 6" rear drop in mine.