Just installed Bonneville buckets...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1bignordic

Reaction score
Hi, Finally found some tan Bonneville bucket seats, a bit lighter than my stock interior, but I'm ok with it. Installation took some time because I cleaned the carpets and seats, but it was fairly simple.

My question is, I have an extended cab truck, 1994 and with the Bonneville seats the seat back doesn't tilt forward enough to get stuff in and out of the back seat, can the seat be modified to do this???

Thanks for your input...

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't help you with the seat modification, but just today my brother and I were walking around the junkyard looking for a set of bucket seats for his 89. We came to the conclusion that seats out of a 2 door car were going to be the best way to go to avoid the issue that you're facing. Good luck with seat mods, hopefully there's an easy solution.

Boomer MN

Reaction score
BigNordic: Where in Minnesota are u located?

I live in Rogers. Have a 96 Silverado, 2wd, RCLB with a LS conversion

BoomerMN

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
don't think they can be modified. the older seats were used in both 4 and 2 door cars and usually had a bracket that could be removed to be used either way. the newer seats i've opened up had permanent braces that would leave the seat inoperable if cut out.
do you have any pics? what year Bonneville?

1bignordic

Reaction score
Can't help you with the seat modification, but just today my brother and I were walking around the junkyard looking for a set of bucket seats for his 89. We came to the conclusion that seats out of a 2 door car were going to be the best way to go to avoid the issue that you're facing. Good luck with seat mods, hopefully there's an easy solution.
don't think they can be modified. the older seats were used in both 4 and 2 door cars and usually had a bracket that could be removed to be used either way. the newer seats i've opened up had permanent braces that would leave the seat inoperable if cut out.

I'll just live with it for now, when I have more time I may dig into it and figure something out. Thanks for the message!

1bignordic

Reaction score

Working on pics, having a rough time getting them to go where I want them! 1997 Bonneville...