junkyard honda

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Bone

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seen the title junkyard Honda and that's a post I can get into.. I'm totally in love with the 93 Accords and I'm trying to find a decent shaped EXL wagon right now with a manual transmission and sunroof ,but that combination is becoming a very rare and difficult car to find.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
I seen the title junkyard Honda and that's a post I can get into.. I'm totally in love with the 93 Accords and I'm trying to find a decent shaped EXL wagon right now with a manual transmission and sunroof ,but that combination is becoming a very rare and difficult car to find.
They are definitely hard to find anymore,there's been a few around me pop up on craigslist but i never had the money at the time. I'm still super pumped with my sedan though,its kinda rare,and for being in the rust belt its entire life with 238k,its pretty clean..well,clean for a honda lol. I love all hondas from 84-94,they were so simple and fun cars. I learned on hondas,i guess im just going back to my roots now xD

T-Bone

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I know exactly what you mean I had 3 Honda Civic EF hatchbacks and they were great cars always treated me well super reliable. I currently have an 07 Honda Fit and I don't think it's half as good as a car as the 90s Hondas were.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
The EGs are my favorite,I would love to import a 94 sir hatch or sedan from japan,id keep it bone stock and daily drive it lol. Newer hondas are ok,i test drove a 08 civic si and kinda hated it,only selling point to me was the k20,the car around it sucked. I've never had luck with anything newer than 06 anyway lol

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Found out a nifty trick for checking for bent valves. Take off rocker arms and lay a ruler across the valves,if there's gap between the ruler and valve,its bent

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Guess thats where we're different. I see potential in almost every vehicle,whether it be for a derby car,a toy,or daily. I like anything with an engine,no matter the size or position its in lol i take what i can get and work with it just so I'll have a better understanding of that vehicle

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am glad to see you are working on what you enjoy. I grew up working on cars and trucks that you could actually see and reach what needed repair. Last time I worked on a Honda was to do a favor for my neighbor. She needed a starter on her Accord with a 4 cylinder should be a breeze. Then to find the intake had to come off to replace a starter? I will stick to rear wheel drive stuff.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
I definitely love my econo-box *** cars,but i won't argue about how terrible they are to work on lol it almost saves time to pull the axles,unbolt the engine,and pull it out to work on it instead of taking everything off the engine while it's still in the car. I guess you only need 4 or 5 different size metric sockets to take the cars apart,but you need a shallow,med,and deep well of each size,and wrenches,and a fridge full of beer and a carton of camel nonfilters to deal with the stress of working on it :gr_grin:

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Can't catch a damn break on this "new" honda. Finally got around to working on it again today and realised that i goofed BIG TIME...my dumbass never drained the oil lol. Threw the pan under the car,took out the drain plug and the nasiest smelling oil I've personally smelt started flowing out. It almost smelt like kerosene or something. I let it drain and dumped the oil in our recycle container and noticed there was a shitload of metal flakes. She's done son.
Pissed that I've done so much to this car just to find out i need an engine lol oh well,another H-swap or maybe even a f20b swap is coming soon. I'll actually do a write up on it this time as well if anyone is interested. I'm gonna spam this post with pictures of the entire build though lol