Jasons '90 GMC Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Byersjas

Reaction score
Did the iso. dump valve/ABS control module delete procedure (located HERE) yesterday. Haven't been able to put it to the test yet, as I still have a blown brake line, but if it works as well as most people say it does, I'm looking forward to experiencing it. Did not need the 5/16 - 1/4 adapter that I drove to 3 stores looking for. Oh well.

Byersjas

Reaction score
Lots of work done on the truck this past weekend. Removed the bed (no way it was going back on. FAR too gone), replaced the fuel tank and lines from the filter back, new sending unit, all new rear brake lines, starting at the proportioning valve all the way to the wheels, fixed 4 holes in the frame (with 2 more to go up towards the front), and a little POR15 on the frame before the new fuel tank went in, as that area would've been tough to get at once it was back in place. Need to find new shift lever linkage. Old one is worn and keeps slipping out. Also, need new rotors on the front. With lugs tighted, front wheels won't roll. Loosen them up a bit, and the wheels move. I think the store gave me rotors for a 2500 by mistake a little over a month ago, but with the truck not running 'till now, this is the 1st chance I've had to test them. Not a major issue, just an annoyance. Going to start wire-wheeling rust off the frame when I get back home (going to Philly this weekend) and start hunting down a new bed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Byersjas

Reaction score
New brake lines (can only upload 5 images at a time, this was #6).

Byersjas

Reaction score
Got the under-bed portion of the frame coated in POR15 over the weekend. Not perfect, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Far better than it used to look, anyway. Getting a new bed sometime in the next few weeks. "Guy who knows a guy" sort of deal. Truck will look like a Christmas tree for a while, as the new bed is green, but whatever. Will look better than the rust on the old bed, plus this one is solid, so at least it will be useful. I'm pretty sure it was just the fuel filler neck holding the old bed in place. No more $$ going into this project until I get new tires. Current ones are about as bald as bald can be.

Byersjas

Reaction score
Haven't done anything to the truck in a while. Have been waiting on a bed to come down from up north. Just got it on this weekend. Still a few dents and dings to fix, but nothing too major. My dad is a retired paint/body guy, so while he had it, he did everything he could while it was upside down on the trailer. As long as it's red and green, I'm thinking of stringing some lights on it for the next 6 weeks (kidding, of course). Next is replace the power steering hose that recently blew while simply moving it around the driveway. Also, got a great deal on some 285/75R16s that still have about half (or more) of their tread life remaining. $200 for all 4, I couldn't pass up. Hope to get those mounted in the next couple weeks. New tires and new power steering hose and I'll actually be able to drive the thing for the 1st time in almost a year! Come springtime, I'll start replacing metal (fenders, doors, cab corners).

Byersjas

Reaction score
Just put a set of new(ish) 285/75R16s on the truck. The suspected power steering hose turned out to be a leaky reservoir, so that's getting changed this weekend, along with fresh oil and filter, then it can FINALLY be driven. :popcorn: