ISO 88-91 GMC tail gate good shape w/ band and logos intact

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mornarr

Reaction score
Not sure if I can post this here, so sorry if its the wrong forum.
i have always liked the early GMC tail gate with the aluminum band, centered midsized GMC logo and "sierra". unfortunately GM only sells the letters G,M,C separate and they are NOT cheap! The band is long since discontinued and I would love one for my 1996 2500 (it has a busted and plain tailgate).
Any one know of a parts yard that is good for these rare gems? prices are welcome too. thanks~

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tough to find, good luck. I had a 1991 parts truck a while back with this setup and it was in pretty damn nice shape. Paint was dead but the tailgate was straight and the band was good. It was one of the very few early GMC's I'd seen with high enough trim level to have the band instead of just letters on a plain painted gate. Pretty sure the SLE trim level is what you're looking for.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one of those bands on my tailgate but it's a chevy one that's not in great shape but I'm going to save it and get it stuck down better and since the previous owner painted my band black I'm going to do the outline of the letters in white

Mornarr

Reaction score
yup thats the one, I just got some SLX sierra badges for my truck off ebay, they look nice and would go great with that tail gate.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's why I have a Chevy it just seems easier on price for me I can get a pair rust free perfect fenders and a new hood for $60 total from a guy that had a fleet of GMT400's that were either wrecked or the motor quit

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My uncle has an eclb with the band I just realized it after I thought about this one day and a guy that lives next door to my grandma has the same