Interior swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigMike7

Reaction score
Sorry, im new to this forum thing. But i have a 1997 chevy silverado that has grey cloth 60/40 seats. And i was wondering if bucket seats from a 1998 chevy silverado would bolt right up or do i have to drill new holes?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

timusry

Reaction score
From my understanding all the holes on the back line up. You may have to drill one or two holes though. Haven't done this myself. So someone that has should be able to confirm it for you.

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Youll probably have to drill 2 holes for the passenger side bucket, and possibly a couple for the center console.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

BigMike7

Reaction score
From my understanding all the holes on the back line up. You may have to drill one or two holes though. Haven't done this myself. So someone that has should be able to confirm it for you.
Appreciate the help!

BigMike7

Reaction score
Appreciate the help!

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the cab floor shape tends to be different between some years & some cab styles. ie: reg vs ext vs crew vs suv 2 & 4dr models.

you didn't mention what the 2 cab models were?

your outer rails are golden. the inner rails need to be swapped to the correct style.

you said that the seat is 60/40, 60 driver side would mean that the passenger side stock inner rail is correct & that you would only have to possibly play w/ the drivers side inner rail. if your 60 is on the passenger side, reverse what I just said.

which ever side had the 60, that is the side that you will have to drill 2 holes into your floorboard.

the frame rails from your seat will bolt up to those donor seats that you mentioned.

then it'll be up to you on to mount the center console.

always triple check your measurements & verify that nothing is below where you are drilling, you never know what someone else did. get some flat stock to put on the bottom side of the floorboard so that the bolts don't rip through it.

the last step is show us some before & after pics & let us know what problems that you ran into if any.

hope this helps