Interior SEM colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave454ss

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
The bottom half is the medium gray SEM. The top half is factory. If the truck were new it would probably be spot on. But still not noticeable if you didn't know it was there.

You got a point there...I recently picked up a Mint dash and i can see more change in color from top to bottom then your paint sample there.

As another question...anybody know of any non-spray-can, professional paint solutions? and related codes? I'll have the whole interior stripped out of mine soon enough, just as easy to shoot ALL the plastics at the same time with a real gun.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
You got a point there...I recently picked up a Mint dash and i can see more change in color from top to bottom then your paint sample there.

As another question...anybody know of any non-spray-can, professional paint solutions? and related codes? I'll have the whole interior stripped out of mine soon enough, just as easy to shoot ALL the plastics at the same time with a real gun.
My local paint supply store will mix dye by the pint. It's stupid expensive, like $60 a pint. Stop by yours and ask you never know!

Dave454ss

Reaction score
My local paint supply store will mix dye by the pint. It's stupid expensive, like $60 a pint. Stop by yours and ask you never know!

Glad I asked...I've got an account at my local PPG Supply. $60/pt isnt bad at all, I once paid about 95.00 for a custom mixed can of spray paint (Peterbilt Color) :cheers:

Dave454ss

Reaction score
That makes 2 of us...luckily it was for a job so I just billed it to the job..I probably wouldn't have paid that myself.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 5 or 6 different cans that I bought for a 94 gray interior. I finally ended up with Thomas Bus gray, it has a slight blue tint, and Medium gray. Close but not perfect.
Yes I agree, I bought interior paint for a new instrument bezel I bought, went by code and a color chart on one of the few places that offered actual OEM type interior paint and it was a shade or two light. Mine is more like a medium gray . I have found some of the codes to be equal to a Studebaker build sheet lol

Last edited: