Interior conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dieselburb4x4

Reaction score
Oh you were talking about the 60/40 version with arm rest console?

You will still need to make 2 new bolts for the bucket seat on the passenger side, and then about 2 for the 60 seat part in the center for the seat to bolt down on. The driver's side bolt mounts and the passenger side outside mounts should be relatively the same, I would assume.

Yes I was, I might get the w/t 60/40 Cheyenne cloth bench seat or the Silverado 60/40 bench seat.
And Is it easy to put the new holes in?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I am not sure on that, as I have never done this before.

I am going to say "I Think": It shouldn't be too hard to do, I would think just drill in some holes, line them up with the seat of course and look at the size they take to bolt them in, take the bolt/brackets anything you grab from the salvage yard, GRAB EVERYTHING FOR THE SEATS!

For me personally, I would grab the Silverado seat, since the salvage yard is most likely not going care if it is a Cheyenne or the Silverado package, priced equally the same.

Dieselburb4x4

Reaction score
I am not sure on that, as I have never done this before.

I am going to say "I Think": It shouldn't be too hard to do, I would think just drill in some holes, line them up with the seat of course and look at the size they take to bolt them in, take the bolt/brackets anything you grab from the salvage yard, GRAB EVERYTHING FOR THE SEATS!

For me personally, I would grab the Silverado seat, since the salvage yard is most likely not going care if it is a Cheyenne or the Silverado package, priced equally the same.

Anything else you would recommend interior wise?

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Anything else you would recommend interior wise?
Hmm... Not sure. Depends on your wallet. ;) lol, jk. If you can, I would make your seats match through out the truck, if you have the second row or even the third row, try and find cloth versions for those as well, so those won't look like the odd-balls. They should be the same bolt lineup if they are not bench.

The third row is a bench seat, so a cloth version would plug-n-play, I believe. The second row, I believe is two seats like the front 60/40, not sure, I have a parts Suburban with the Beige interior though that has the second row seats, so maybe I will look tonight to see if it a 60/40 back there or not, I am pretty sure they are almost identical, in 60/40 wise. I will be selling that seat soon.

I don't know if there is anything else, and third row of seats would be nice if you don't already have it, but that's totally up to you, your money - not mine. :) I do not know how much the salvage yard would charge for seats, but I wouldn't think too much. $70 or more a seat and I will leave.

Dieselburb4x4

Reaction score
Hmm... Not sure. Depends on your wallet. ;) lol, jk. If you can, I would make your seats match through out the truck, if you have the second row or even the third row, try and find cloth versions for those as well, so those won't look like the odd-balls. They should be the same bolt lineup if they are not bench.

The third row is a bench seat, so a cloth version would plug-n-play, I believe. The second row, I believe is two seats like the front 60/40, not sure, I have a parts Suburban with the Beige interior though that has the second row seats, so maybe I will look tonight to see if it a 60/40 back there or not, I am pretty sure they are almost identical, in 60/40 wise. I will be selling that seat soon.

I don't know if there is anything else, and third row of seats would be nice if you don't already have it, but that's totally up to you, your money - not mine. :) I do not know how much the salvage yard would charge for seats, but I wouldn't think too much. $70 or more a seat and I will leave.

Ik the junk yard near me has some k1500 and k2500 w/t / sl gmt 400s and some tahoes and burbs

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
That's great! I hope you have fun looking! :D I sure love looking at the salvage yard's trucks, seeing the new shipments and seeing all of the goodies I can buy. :wave:

Let's hope there is a gray interior Burb or Tahoe with the cloth seats.

Dieselburb4x4

Reaction score
That's great! I hope you have fun looking! :D I sure love looking at the salvage yard's trucks, seeing the new shipments and seeing all of the goodies I can buy. :wave:

Let's hope there is a gray interior Burb or Tahoe with the cloth seats.

Hopefully they'll have something good to take :banana-mario:

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Be sure to let us know when you find some and don't be afraid to post pics if you are unsure about which seats to get. :)

Dahead76

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the exact same swap in my dually. Wasn't hard at all. Did have to drill 4 holes in the floor for the inside tracks. The outside tracks bolted in the existing holes.