Interior conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dieselburb4x4

Reaction score
So I'm planning to buy a 1998 gmc suburban 2500 4x4 with the SL trim and I don't like the blue vinyl interior and I was wondering if it would be possible to swap out the front and rear bench seats with a cloth bench seat with a center console in the front and a rear cloth bench seat

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Wait, you said the seats were blue vinyl? I see gray... ;)

Anyway, should be a simple plug-n-play deal. The bucket seats will need new holes drilled into the cab and the console may need new holes as well, since that is a bench seat, will need holes for that center console.

Dieselburb4x4

Reaction score
Wait, you said the seats were blue vinyl? I see gray... ;)

Anyway, should be a simple plug-n-play deal. The bucket seats will need new holes drilled into the cab and the console may need new holes as well, since that is a bench seat, will need holes for that center console.

Lol idk why I said blue, but I was thinking about putting a cloth bench seat with a folding center console. I'm still researching about the burb bc it has that 6.5l diesel

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I would rather have the vinyl with covers than cloth. Whatever 20-30 year old seats you find will have 20-30 years worth of asscrack sweat, food, coffe, and God knows what all soaked in. Vinyl can be wiped clean.

Dieselburb4x4

Reaction score
So I'm planning to buy a 1998 gmc suburban 2500 4x4 with the SL trim and I don't like the blue vinyl interior and I was wondering if it would be possible to swap out the front and rear bench seats with a cloth bench seat with a center console in the front and a rear cloth bench seat
Personally I would rather have the vinyl with covers than cloth. Whatever 20-30 year old seats you find will have 20-30 years worth of asscrack sweat, food, coffe, and God knows what all soaked in. Vinyl can be wiped clean.

:gm:

Lol ik but I need a center console that u can fold down and the vinyl bench seats don't have em

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Oh you were talking about the 60/40 version with arm rest console?

You will still need to make 2 new bolts for the bucket seat on the passenger side, and then about 2 for the 60 seat part in the center for the seat to bolt down on. The driver's side bolt mounts and the passenger side outside mounts should be relatively the same, I would assume.