interior body swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

louiswp

Reaction score
I need some help, been searching forums for hours getting data but this may be the fastest and direct to my project.
94 chevy extended cab short box with rebuilt 4.3 auto 2wd (body has fresh paint not a scratch yet south truck)
95 GMC Sierra extended cab short box 5.7 auto 4x4 (Wisconsin truck) nice leather interior.
3 questions....

I want to put the 94 body on the 95 chassis and put the 95 interior into the 94 making a truck that has more into it than it is worth. but it is for my son and a project we can do together.
what issues with the interior may I run into? dash may need some drilling or brackets and door panels may need modified. what else?

Also the 4.3 I rebuilt and has 200 miles on it, I am thinking of putting that in and over the winter rebuilding the 350. what issues besides a psychiatrist may I need for this? again both trucks run fine 95 has 150k on the engine
but the body is dented and rotted out, 94 2wd is very clean but interior is junk.
what is the standard wheel bolt pattern? it is a 6 hole.

I have been looking through the threads and found lots of info so far.
any and all help greatly appreciated.
getting the 95 in 2 days so I want to make sure this will work.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
You can put the 94 cab on the 95 truck, as far as interior goes a lot of stuff is different. The steering column bracket needs to be removed from the 95 cab and welded on the 94 cab, as well as all the wiring with the dash. Supposedly everything related to the heater is different between those two years, although I can't confirm that I didn't get far enough with my 98 dash swap in my old 94. Door shells are the same, but the inner door skin will be different and require swapping.

I would keep the 350 in it, but if you insist on using the 4.3 you need a different computer and the 4.3 throttle body. I'd personally look for another 350 that you can rebuild.

Chevy 6 lug pattern is 6x5.5

--

That's about all the info I can think of from the top of my head!

louiswp

Reaction score
You can put the 94 cab on the 95 truck, as far as interior goes a lot of stuff is different. The steering column bracket needs to be removed from the 95 cab and welded on the 94 cab, as well as all the wiring with the dash. Supposedly everything related to the heater is different between those two years, although I can't confirm that I didn't get far enough with my 98 dash swap in my old 94. Door shells are the same, but the inner door skin will be different and require swapping.

I would keep the 350 in it, but if you insist on using the 4.3 you need a different computer and the 4.3 throttle body. I'd personally look for another 350 that you can rebuild.

Chevy 6 lug pattern is 6x5.5

--

That's about all the info I can think of from the top of my head!

thank you for the input, Yes maybe I will just sell the 4.3 and put the money towards another 350 rebuild. I would rather swap all wiring at the same time and not mess with the computer.
wheel pattern matches what I have found since posting. thanks again

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
will do, I have the 94 stripped out inside and starting on the 95. I will see shortly if the bolts for the seats all align. side panels apppear all the same
I don't see why not the seats match up. there wasn't much difference on the cab side. Mostly dash and door panels.

Claybreaker

Reaction score
I did this swap 10 years ago and I can add that I had to trim the inner door shell a bit to make the interior panels fit. You will never see it with the door panels installed.

louiswp

Reaction score
will do, I have the 94 stripped out inside and starting on the 95. I will see shortly if the bolts for the seats all align. side panels apppear all the same
Ok, I started in the back of the cab and working forward. ordered new carpet. side panels with the 95 interior in the 94 cab no holes drilled for the coat hooks or the lower kick panels. no big deal since the screws are self drilling.
holes are there for the passenger grab handle by your head but no nutplates and it is sealed. need to come up with a fastener for that since the trim has holes already. grab handle above the dash on the pillar doesnt have a bracket and the 95's is spot welded. easily fixable just more time.
passenger seat does not have a hole in the floor for the front left bolt.
94 had the split bench 80/20 or whatever it was called. 95 has buckets and center console.
hopefully removing 95's dash tonight and keep the mice from moving in.

louiswp

Reaction score
Door panels were not an issue at all. I swapped the window motor panel over and wiring. Everything fit fine. Dash was a pain. Firewall is shaped a bit different and wire connector going through firewall was different shape. Adding screens to vents to keep mice out. Working on frame components now since they are easy to get at. Sucks going from a like new 2wd frame to a wisconsin rusty 4wd frame.