Instrument cluster repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot seem to find any rebuild kits for a 1998 k1500 instrument cluster. I don't if my google-fu is weak or what but I can only find a few places saying they will rebuild them but they want $300! Can someone point me in the right direction to find some stepper motors? My oil pressure gauge is pointing almost straight down and the guy I bought it off of redneck engineered a crappy one he screwed into the dash.

Breakdown

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Junkyard it.. thousands of late model OBS 400's in the yard. Should be able to google the stepper motor though as well, or search the top search function in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried searching on here and google for hours before I posted. The only stepper motor I could track down was for the fuel gauge. I ended up messaging a dash repair company on eBay to see if they could help me out and I'm going to try some parts stores in the morning if I don't get called to work. The nearest boneyard near me is about an hour away and with my schedule it's hard to get over there. Let alone spend hours finding good parts.