Installing GMT900 rear Cab mounts in a GMT400

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by Aloicious, Oct 13, 2011.

1. 97SilveradoHD

97SilveradoHD I'm Awesome

is GM parts direct and the dealership the only place to get everything?

2. Aloicious

Aloicious Hired Goon

no, just search around for the part numbers and you can find them other places

3. tbss instigator

tbss instigator Newbie

Heys guys i have to do the body mounts on my 96 suburban do any of you know if this would work? I think it would be sweet if i could. but like you guys were saying do i have enough body mounts for it to support everything?

4. 1997k1500Calvin

1997k1500Calvin I'm Awesome

Ok so this only replaces the two rear mounts.. What about the other 4 mounts ?

5. Aloicious

Aloicious Hired Goon

The other 4 are a little different, in the GMT900's they still use the same front 4 mounts as our trucks do, its only the rear ones that are the updated ones. I'm not 100% sure on why they only changed the rear ones, but I think it might have something to do with adding too much play between the components mounted to the front of the cab/firewall/etc, which isn't an issue at the rear since nothing is mounted directly to the rear of the cab itself.

6. 1997k1500Calvin

Thanks dude I miss read the write up at first that you replaced all 6 mounts with these new hydraulic mount... So basically replace the front four with new poly mounts and replace the rear two with these hydraulic ones?

7. Aloicious

Aloicious Hired Goon

yeah you can do that, I just used stock rubber mounts for the front 4, but poly ones would work. then the rear mounts with the GMT900 rears...

8. 1997k1500Calvin

Do you have a link for where you bought the mounts?

9. 1997k1500Calvin

Any other tips for making the ride a little better on these trucks.... I guess I can't ask for a much better ride than I already have but still just curious.. I will be takin my new born to daycare everyday on te way to work after the wife's off maternity leave so any help would be appreciated

10. Aloicious

Aloicious Hired Goon

I don't have a link, and I wouldn't recommend the place I got them from anyways, they sent different part numbers, sent obviously used items as 'new', had poor customer service, etc, had to go back and forth with them several times before I got the correct parts...its been a while, I can't even remember the store name off the top of my head.

as far as any other tips for a better ride, upgrading/replacing old shocks helps out a lot (especially if you're still using the original factory shocks, a shock lifespan is ~50k miles give or take), I like the bilstein 'comfort ride' series, they're not as stiff as the HD ones...your tires will also play a huge roll in how it rides.