Installing GMT900 rear Cab mounts in a GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone that owns a Crew Cab, or even a Extended Cab (anything with 6 Cab Mounts, lifted or not) you absolutely HAVE to do it! It's by far the biggest ride improvement, for the least amount of money you can get!

Ever drive on a Concrete Freeway with expansion joints? Where the truck bounces so bad you can't even hold a conversation with you're buddy next to you or hold a cup of Coffee in the truck?
I think the NBS Crew Cabs are worse than the OBS, but I'm telling you it was a great improvement on mine!

All you have to do is remove both rear Cab Mounts and install the Rear Cab Mounts that come stock on a 2011 3500 Crew Cab.
They're Hydraulic, and work absolutely amazing!

Upper Mount 25791031 Qty 2
Lower Mount 25791032 Qty 2
Washer 15854745 Qty 2
All the parts cost me $130.00 (shop cost) and took about 10 minutes to install.

I saw this in that posted link and that id post here to help out...

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks! monstar, that is a good post.

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just curious why it doesn't work on a reg cab? I had the cab off two reg cab trucks this summer and the rear mounts look exactly the same as the ones pictured in the write up. There are only 4 mounts on the reg cab but the back one which is the one your changing looks to be in the exact same place on the frame and into the same place in the cab as the extended cabs, just that the cab is shorter. I would think that being there are less mounts on the reg cab you would get a better ride then the extendeds because it only has two of the old ridgid mounts instead of four. Just a thought, I might try this on my '89 RCSB later on once I get it running again.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so do the rest of the gmt900 mounts work to replace all the 400 mounts or just the rear?

the rear mounts from the GMT900's are the only different ones, the other ones are the same as the ones on the GMT400's already as is my understanding...

I'm just curious why it doesn't work on a reg cab? I had the cab off two reg cab trucks this summer and the rear mounts look exactly the same as the ones pictured in the write up. There are only 4 mounts on the reg cab but the back one which is the one your changing looks to be in the exact same place on the frame and into the same place in the cab as the extended cabs, just that the cab is shorter. I would think that being there are less mounts on the reg cab you would get a better ride then the extendeds because it only has two of the old ridgid mounts instead of four. Just a thought, I might try this on my '89 RCSB later on once I get it running again.

I don't know if it'll work on a reg cab or not. I've heard about it not working on reg cabs but I have no verification on that, and nothing to try it on. if you give it a shot, let us know how it goes.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
the rear mounts from the GMT900's are the only different ones, the other ones are the same as the ones on the GMT400's already as is my understanding...
i wonder why they just changed the rear but not the rest

I don't know if it'll work on a reg cab or not. I've heard about it not working on reg cabs but I have no verification on that, and nothing to try it on. if you give it a shot, let us know how it goes.

if you can get me a measurement of the diameter of the new ones i can go out and check clearance on my 88