Installing GMT900 rear Cab mounts in a GMT400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still waiting on my order to be processed. I ordered the new bushings from GMPartsDirect. For some reason my PayPal transaction in under review...
Has anyone else ordered from them and had similar issues?
I ordered the other bushings from Rock Auto and they are here already....

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've purchased from GMpartsdirect before, and I refuse to do future business with them. they weren't bad to work with, and the parts were just fine, but it took them a bit to get the stuff shipped out to me, when it arrived it was in a beat up and stained box for cigarette cartons....I wouldn't care if what I purchased was just from someone, but they're a business, shipping parts in boxes that look like they got it out of a dumpster or something. not too professional IMO. not to mention that they gouge people on shipping and handling charges to make up their lower cost. when I was looking at cams, I was going to get a production LT4 cam from them for like $150 or something, but they wanted over $200 shipping and handling on top of that...yeah, no thanks....I do know other people who have had positive experiences with them, but personally, they've lost all my business.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not totally sure, but I dont think so, its only the rear most mounts on the 6 mount cabs. IIRC regular cabs are only 4 mounts.

Chris93

Reaction score
So if I need to do rear cab corner bushings anyways would you go with the stock ones again?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on a regular cab, yeah probably.

the whole proceedure would basically be the same, except you'd just be using the stock mounts....

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Using the GMT900 rear mounts gives an increase in ride quality over the stock rear mounts.