In need of reciever hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
From what I have researched the 6 1/2 bed is the same bolt pattern of the reciever hitch as the 8 ft bed... Yes? The only difference is the towing capacity? Or is that correct? I have an 8 ft bed with the 14 bolt.. Thanks for any help guys!

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one off my 94 but I am in Mass. Shipping might be more than its worth but its your call

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
yup...should be the same...Go to the junkyard, pretty well every pickup in there will have one, just find an GMT400

Reaction score
Thanks bottledz28!

I found one here just in the next town over. He wants $50. Better than the new ones I was thinking about buying.

87 GMC Burban

Reaction score
Sorry to jump in but I just went to the junkyard and I tried two different hitches and they both had different bolt patterns than my truck granted one may not have been from a Chevy. So my question is how can I tell its gonna fit the holes on my frame without taking it off I was thinking of making a templet and just holding it up to all the different one till I find one that fits.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Mine is 34 1/2" from passenger side to drivers side.. And then 3 1/2" (I think.. Can't remember maybe 4 1/2) from the center of the slot to the center of the other hole on each side..