In love with 88s to 98s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CowBro55

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Hello GMT400 family!! It's awesome to have found y'all! Joined back in December 2016 but finally getting around to some of this bio/profile stuff. It's great to have found a community of people that love the GMT400 models as much as myself. Been in love with the GMT400 ever since my neighbor brought home his brand new 1994 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 extended cab short bed when I was 7 years old. Some time that year I decided that was the body style I wanted to buy for my first truck once I got my drivers license and saved enough money to buy my own. In 2004 I bought the first love of my life, 1997 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 extended cab short bed with the Vortec 5.7 liter 350 engine. She sports a beautiful Pewter paint job & Line-X bed liner with the first year future of the 3rd door option. What an amazing machine! She's taken me on some great adventures! This Silverado's favorite place to get wild at is the Pismo Beach Dunes in California's Central Coast. In my years of ownership I have performed all maintenance & repairs done to her. Another reason I love these trucks so much is how simple they are to work on! Their really isn't anything to them. In 2018 I have plans to buy my 2nd GMT400 that will eventually become my daily driver once my ext cab takes a rest up on the hoist for hopefully a short while to receive some major changes an upgrades. My hearts set on finding and buying a 1999/2000 Chevrolet/GMC K2500 4 Door Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4 also with a pewter paint job. I would like to find one that has the Vortec 5.7 liter 350 engine for the power plant. I'm also hoping it has the manual linkage transfer case 4x4 shifter, just personal preference. My 97 Z71 is electronic push button 4x4 and has never given me any problems. If need be I will purchase a bus or plane ticket to the city and state that the truck is located in an drive my new beauty home! The 97 Z71 is going to have the engine, transmission, & body completely removed. The frame is going to be fully boxed in and all Independent Front Suspension removed an cut off the frame. I will frabricate my own Soild Axle Swap Leaf Spring

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from fellow Ca member. Sounds like a lot of planning and time. Good luck on the search, I've seen a few crew cabs in sac and gold country, but not pewter.