Ignition Lock Cylinder Housing, help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I bought a flipper a 99 tahoe for cheap, I bought it off a coworker, whos a bit of a hack. he broke his key off in his ignition and so He drilled the cylinder out and put a new one in. while drilling out the old cylinder, he thrashed the housing, and busted wires and didnt insulate em.......... Long story short, I need a new Lock cylinder housing.

whos done one? do I have to pull the steering wheel? any tips? I tried to find a how to video on it, I couldnt find nothing

Any help is Appreciated, thanks

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to say I pulled the wheel when I did mine, but I just don't remember. This guy did it without taking off the steering wheel...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Yea taking the lock cylinder is easy, I already did that. the case that holds lock cylinder is what I gotta replaced.... I need to grab some slim e sockets, and I can keep taking stuff off, I was hoping someone had done it before without removing the steering wheel, as Id like to do the least amount of work possible to get her running... it needs to go!