I recieved an overweight ticket in NC for towing this LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GREY99HOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was using my 94 Reg Cab Shortbed setup with airbags..97 Vortec 5 speed towing a 96 4x4 suburban with the trailer..LOL

It just didnt look right the tropper said I had to turn around and go back on scales..I was 1,900 lbs over on my tag...lol

Truck pulled burb at 75 mph..It tows great..Just had to pay a 68 dollar fine..

You must be registered for see images attach

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
I hate that sh*t.
I got DOT'ed by a state trooper on friday. I got a BS warning but everything checked out.

CrewCab Steve

GREY99HOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea but it was the fine and sitting there for an hour while they measured my trucks wheelbase and light check and all that bs...LOL

Money racket for state...But i got chased down by a new 2012 2wd TAHOE LOL

VorTEX

Reaction score
I was using my 94 Reg Cab Shortbed setup with airbags..97 Vortec 5 speed towing a 96 4x4 suburban with the trailer..LOL

It just didnt look right the tropper said I had to turn around and go back on scales..I was 1,900 lbs over on my tag...lol

Truck pulled burb at 75 mph..It tows great..Just had to pay a 68 dollar fine..

what determines you being overweight?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Several ways to be overweight, but in this case I'll guess that he's over gross on the trailer. The max gross trailer weight will be stamped on the build plate of the trailer, like the GVW is on the door sticker of your truck. Go over that and they can cite you.

GREY99HOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it was only because the small reg cab pickup 1/2 ton shortbed towing a big 4x4 suburban "looked overweight" to the trooper and he chased me down,had to turn around and go on scale..and my tag is for 9,000lb they allow 10,000 for trailer..i weighed 12,700 total...I asked if the suburban was towing the truck..that would have been ok...he said....

Just at the wrong place at that time..got singled out...LOL

GREY99HOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
imho that trailer looks a little small to be towing a 4x4 suburban on it....

that trailer has a 18 foot dovetail deck ..with dual 13 inch brakes and 16 inch truck tires...if it fits it rolls...

my truck has airbags on it and pulls great...going to add a tahoe rear swaybar to it next week.

I had a 67 international aluminum bread truck on it..and towed it home...I had the 1999 K3000 AT&T service truck on it tuesday...LOL it is right at 8,200 pounds..

had 4 78-81 camaros on it in one load..one with motor other 3 just bare shells...LOL its hauled a many car/truck since 94...made me good money doing so too...

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that trailer has a 18 foot dovetail deck ..with dual 13 inch brakes and 16 inch truck tires...if it fits it rolls...

my truck has airbags on it and pulls great...going to add a tahoe rear swaybar to it next week.

I had a 67 international aluminum bread truck on it..and towed it home...I had the 1999 K3000 AT&T service truck on it tuesday...LOL it is right at 8,200 pounds..

had 4 78-81 camaros on it in one load..one with motor other 3 just bare shells...LOL its hauled a many car/truck since 94...made me good money doing so too...

4 78-81 camaros at one time, on a 18 ft trailer??