Hydro Boost: what am I missing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Overall I would rate it at "incredible." I have Little Shop Manufacturing rear disk kit and SBC heavy duty front calipers and slotted rotors with the same booster shown above. The old vacuum boost pedal linkage fit in the new booster (important note). There is a lot written online about cutting it to the right length and sleeving it for safety etc. when in reality you can swap it out.

For all of the work I did to the truck, along with a 50% increase in power from stock and a entirely new interior, the brakes are the single biggest upgrade to the overall. I did a semi panic stop yesterday and had to look in the rearview to make sure i wasn't going to get rear ended by a sedan.

My mechanic said he wanted to rebuilt the booster and isn't going to charge me 2X time if it still leaks and I have to buy a brand new one (because he is a great guy) so I have nothing to lose. I bought the ebay rebuild it already.

Ralph Bartels

Reaction score
i plan on installing the hydroboost system tomorrow. From what I understand I should have a shop bleed the brakes due to the ABS. What was you experience?