Husky 1/2" impact croaked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
You dont mess around with parts! AC Delco Everywhere, Fel-Pro gaskets, Look at that thermostat housing! And did you get a 5-finger discount on those hose clamps from Space-X or NASA or something? Is that an O-Lite flashlight?

And I have recycled 2x4s for a workbenches, I bet your jealous, who would want shiny stainless steel :hahano:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Spend real money on some things, and try to find the bargains elsewhere. That stainless work top on the Snap-On box was a $500+ option on the box that would've otherwise just come with a rubber mat on top. I didn't buy the box new, though.. craigslist special. :)

Funny you mention those clamps. It's my first time trying them - they're Gates heavy duty constant tension clamps, and yeah they're kinda pricey at around $7/ea but I didn't want to do regular clamps on the radiator hoses. Truck still has the OEM spring clamps but they're toast. Anyway I hope I got the right size; I'm worried I might have got them just barely too small.

That water neck is just a Motorad cast aluminum piece. $16 vs. around $40 for GM. Nothing fancy, stock replacement. The original has a radiator hose corroded stuck to it. Gonna have to cut the hose off, so I can only guess just how bad the metal underneath it is.

Richard