HOW TO: TBI Flowtech Headers & Y-Pipe on a Vortec + 3” SI/SO Exhaust for Burbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmr22

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great write up, thanks for taking the time to do that!

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is the pic of the flange of the headers to the y-pipe on the driver side, which is the lowest point. The flange is about 1/4" below the bottom of the frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for the pic. That helps a lot. Good write up too.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really great job and writeup you did. I'd like to redo mine in the future and I didn't know you could buy a header set with matching ypipe like that. Really cool. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro

Lifted92

Reaction score
Now that I've seen this write-up I'm convinced I need to do this. Great job man!

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Just FYI - since I can't edit the original post, these headers WILL NOT WORK on lifted 4x4's without having the driver side header modified if you intend to keep your front driveshaft. Simply modifying the y-pipe won't work due to the position it is placed in.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
how is the interior resonance/drone with this setup?

i had a '95 rcsb 350 tbi set up with flowtech mid's (not afterburner's like yours) custom 2.5" y-pipe, flowmaster merge, 3" dynomax ultraflow (center/offset), and 3" tailpipe. it wasn't bad until it got around 2200ish at 80mph on the interstate, it wasn't flowmaster drone, but you knew it was there. otherwise it was very mild inside. at usual 65-68mph it was very stock sounding in the cab.

looking at doing something similar to your setup with my Z71, but putting in a thunderbolt cat.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Drone isn't bad - there is a spot in OD around 55~, that is the worst of it. Its a minor annoyance at best. At any other speeds though, its negligible.