How to stop LED Fast Flash info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you went nuts with the resistors. I had full LED's all the way around my truck - park lamps, corner bulbs, tails, everything - and only had 1 resistor each side up front. I also later did the flasher hack as I described earlier in this post, and was able to remove the resistors completely. No hyperflash. When I switched out the regular LED's for switchbacks, I ended up having to re-install the single resistor each side because the switchback function didn't work properly without them.

Might want to re-assess your plan as I have no idea why you would need so many resistors.

By the way the only special LED's you need in the rear are for the middle socket which is brake and turn; you need the SRCK style there. For the top socket which is just tail, you can use the regular non-SRCK LED. This is not up for debate, this is fact. :)

Richard

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the LEDs I got the hyperflash. I tried the new flasher and it made no difference.
I tried two resisters with and without the nee flasher and it made ni difference.

I installed a resister for each bulb and everything was good, except when the lights are on.

I used the rear bulbs recomended be SuperbrightLED. Brake and turn bulbs both have the 2 elements

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Again not for debate. SRCK only needed in the brake/turn position. The SRCK's may work fine in the top (taillight only) position but just for reference they are not needed there.

I think you wired your resistors wrong and the behaviors pretty much indicate this.

Richard

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not every question needs to be considered a debate.

My question about the hyperflash was simply a question. I was looking for help with the answer, but thanks anyway.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've been successfully putting LED's in GMT400 trucks for more than 15 years, if you want to get butthurt about how I responded then you can ignore my advice and others can help. Good luck.

Richard

J_lope82

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I fixed my 94 by cleaning and regreasing the contacts in the steering column and installing a new led flasher relay. I also cleaned all the light connectors with some contact cleaner. Didn't have to add any resistors. It worked just fine one mine.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seen on a You Tube video all you need is this from Oreilly auto-parts.

You must be registered for see images attach

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys I had posted above that the hyperflashing would go away by installing the HD electronic flasher but now I put on this led bulb that flashes 8 times before it goes solid for my rear brake lights well at the beginning it will flash super fast then it blinks 8 times then it goes solid for the brake light oh the led bulb does work the signal light as well so did any of you guys go with the flasher I posted and did it work?????
Thanks! RJ