How to Replace oil filter adapter gasket & o-ring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigriver

Reaction score
anyone have a torque for the 2 bolts on the oil filter adapter?

bigriver

Reaction score
"OIL COOLANT LINE O-RINGS" I am also replacing the oil coolant lines and have some concern with the difference in size of the OEM o-rings and the Felpro o-rings provided with part number ES72671. Concern being the OEM o-rings are THICKER and have a larger inside diameter than the replacement o-rings, by a good margin.

"QUESTION BEING" has anyone used the Felpro o-rings on the oil coolant lines and had them leak?

Thanks

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"OIL COOLANT LINE O-RINGS" I am also replacing the oil coolant lines and have some concern with the difference in size of the OEM o-rings and the Felpro o-rings provided with part number ES72671. Concern being the OEM o-rings are THICKER and have a larger inside diameter than the replacement o-rings, by a good margin.

"QUESTION BEING" has anyone used the Felpro o-rings on the oil coolant lines and had them leak?

Thanks

About a month ago my O-Ring in my fitting started leaking so I replaced the fitting and noticed the o-ring was wider and thicker. With this being said I will revise my write up.

I would buy the new fitting, it has a o-ring inside it already. I bought a Dorman from Advance Auto Parts. Apparently the Transmission & Oil Cooler lines use the same fitting.

rdlyn13000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great write up and pics!! I noticed mine is leaking and will be tackling this very soon!!

peterbilt123

Reaction score
I've got a 97 Z71, how big of a pain is it to change the hoses when doing this project? They kind of look like a pain to get out and in.

Studio54

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swapped out my oil cooling adapter/lines for a straight up and down filter attachment. I've had nothing but leaks and this was easier for me as i dont tow.

Swap was easy and this definitely helped me out.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey all,

Is draining the oil really necessary? I just changed mine maybe ~300 miles ago. The oil filter is above where the oil usually sits when the engine is off, couldn't I just remove the filter, R&R the assembly, then replace the filter and top off? I'd hate to lose $30 worth of Mobil 1 if I don't have to.