How to Replace Blower Motor Resistor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kiss4afrog

Reaction score
my heat/AC doesnt blow period and its colder than a witches *** in a brass bra in the mornings. any ideas how to fix this?

What have you done so far to check it out, fuses ? Pulled the motor and run power to it ? Taken a test light to the terminals to see if you have power from the resistor to the motor ?

97 z71

Reaction score
k need help, my fan control, only the fan control didnt work when i baught it, i pulled the dash apart and on the connector to the fan control was a little blue piece on the connector on top, wiggled that and it worked, got my ac recrged and it worked great on all settings, now, last night i was driving and it was on the 3rd setting, and it quit blowing, then only worked on high for about 20 seconds, then quit completely, so this morning i wiggled that blue piece and the connector, nothing............ is it the relay and resistor? or the wiring to the fan controls? i can hear the ac kick on and off, heat and cold works, just the fan is screwed up again........... any clue?????

97 z71

Reaction score
i guess ill try and find the problem myself without any opinions

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, I will try bumping this thread instead of starting another one. In my '97, when I used to drive it daily, I had recharged the A/C, and I want to say 5-6 months later, it stopped blowing cold air, would still blow air, but just outside temp. Is it possible it is the control unit (by that I mean, I mean the knobs on the dash. Or did my compressor take a crap on me? And suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, I will try bumping this thread instead of starting another one. In my '97, when I used to drive it daily, I had recharged the A/C, and I want to say 5-6 months later, it stopped blowing cold air, would still blow air, but just outside temp. Is it possible it is the control unit (by that I mean, I mean the knobs on the dash. Or did my compressor take a crap on me? And suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance

Late but just saw thread. On mine I ended up changing all three, the dash switch (used), the fan (new), and the resistor (new). Havent had any trouble since. The resistor was a pain but I got my big hands up in there.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Late but just saw thread. On mine I ended up changing all three, the dash switch (used), the fan (new), and the resistor (new). Havent had any trouble since. The resistor was a pain but I got my big hands up in there.

Alright, cool. I have a possible used switch box I can get a hold of.

Does anyone have a picture of this resistor? I am going to start with the switches first since it is the easiest to swap out! haha

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will get you a pic of the old one when I get off tomorrow.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk