How to replace ball joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is how you do the uppers, the lowers are press in. To replace those you'll need to rent a ball joint press from an auto parts store so you can press the old one out and the new one in. Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions
My lower's on our 93 are riveted on not pressed on , here's a pic of the BJ in question! http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MOO0/K6291.oap?year=1993&make=Chevrolet&model=Blazer&vi=1050714&ck=Search_ball+joint+%26+components_C0317_1050714_800&keyword=ball+joint+%26+components&pt=C0317&ppt=C0106

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no I'd bet it's more of a stock things, all uppers from factory are riveted as far as I know so lowers that are riveted would be factory too is my guess, and once changed they bolt in.

bggrnchvy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no I'd bet it's more of a stock things, all uppers from factory are riveted as far as I know so lowers that are riveted would be factory too is my guess, and once changed they bolt in.

There were both.

There were three 1/2t lower arms. The old riveted in stamped lowers, the stamped press in lowers and the fully forged press in lowers. The machined forging welded at the end of the stamped arms is the difference between the press and rivet, IIRC it changed in 95.

nascarguy320

Reaction score
I know mine are pressed in on the lowers and thanks for all the info too, did not want to mess with the t-bars at all on this...