How to: NBS master cylinder swap for firm brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
with stock k1500 calipers? do the 3/4 k2500 calipers will fit?
don't know about the 3/4 ton calipers. I'm just running my stock stuff for now. Intend to do a few upgrades later on down the road but for now it stops like it should
Do you happen to have the pictures anymore?
Would love to do this to my truck seeing that I have to brakes now.
You asking me or the OP?

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did the swap and it's better for sure, but has not deterred me from hydroboost. They still suck, just less.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The issue I'm having is that the adapter when tightened to the line, doesn't seal up and has a little wiggle. I have the blf-26c. Anyone else run into this issue?

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought another blf-26c adapter, it fit more snugly than the other. Got everything tightened up and it drips ever so slightly. Should the pedal go almost to the floor before it feels firm?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I installed my blf-26c, it did the same thing. I snugged the fitting down very tight, and it quit leaking. As for the peddle, well if the system is bled correctly, and the peddle is still low, then most likely, your back brakes need to be adjusted. This should bring the peddle up off of the floor, somewhat anyway. Keep this in mind though, a proper brake bleed is critical. The MC needs to be bled before the brake system is bled, at the wheels, starting with the farthest wheel from the MC first. I bled my MC on the bench first, then I did each wheel 6 times. After the 2 rear wheels were done, I refilled the MC then did the front. After that, I started back at the rear passengers wheel and did all the wheels again another 6 times, again refilling the MC after the back bleeds. So I did each wheel 12 times, the old fashioned way. My wife was the person pumping the brake peddle for me as I worked my way around. She said her legs was sore the next day, but I have good brakes now. A pressure bleed system would work very well also, but I don't have one. Any leak you have wil let in air, and needs to be fixed. Do this before you start bleeding the system of course.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I installed my blf-26c, it did the same thing. I snugged the fitting down very tight, and it quit leaking. As for the peddle, well if the system is bled correctly, and the peddle is still low, then most likely, your back brakes need to be adjusted. This should bring the peddle up off of the floor, somewhat anyway. Keep this in mind though, a proper brake bleed is critical. The MC needs to be bled before the brake system is bled, at the wheels, starting with the farthest wheel from the MC first. I bled my MC on the bench first, then I did each wheel 6 times. After the 2 rear wheels were done, I refilled the MC then did the front. After that, I started back at the rear passengers wheel and did all the wheels again another 6 times, again refilling the MC after the back bleeds. So I did each wheel 12 times, the old fashioned way. My wife was the person pumping the brake peddle for me as I worked my way around. She said her legs was sore the next day, but I have good brakes now. A pressure bleed system would work very well also, but I don't have one. Any leak you have wil let in air, and needs to be fixed. Do this before you start bleeding the system of course.
I got the line going into the adapter to stop leaking but the rear like leaks a little. I'll snug it up more, then pull my rear wheels off to tighten the drums up, bleed again, and see if it makes a difference.
Would it be a good idea to have a shop bleed the abs?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The thing about having a shop do a bleed, is to get them to do a pressure bleed. Don't let the ABS intimidate you. The bleed is the same ether way. You are just working the air out of the system. Even with a pressure bleed, you are still working the air out if the system. Difference is, a pressure bleed, will force fluid through the system. With a regular bleed, you have to push the fluid through yourself with the brake peddle. The end result is the same, as long as you get all of the air out of the system.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The thing about having a shop do a bleed, is to get them to do a pressure bleed. Don't let the ABS intimidate you. The bleed is the same ether way. You are just working the air out of the system. Even with a pressure bleed, you are still working the air out if the system. Difference is, a pressure bleed, will force fluid through the system. With a regular bleed, you have to push the fluid through yourself with the brake peddle. The end result is the same, as long as you get all of the air out of the system.
Okay, thank you for clarifying that!