How To: Install HID 's & HID Lighting Explained

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any write up on projectors ??

I will be doing a write up on retrofitting a set of Bi-Xenon projectors in the near future! So there will be an article up with a walkthrough on how to retrofit a set of projectors into our headlight housings, as soon as I complete the retrofit!

Last edited:

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Call me and lets talk about a parts list so we can build this writeup together ... If thats ok with you ...
I need to figure out exactly what lenses / housings I want to go with and go from there ...

Shoot me a pm and I will give you my number

Restoguy

Reaction score
I'm curious. I've been reading the threads about using the Morimoto mini H1s to retro bi-xenon into the GMT400 housing. I see that some other retro's have to cut the core support. Do you have to trim with the MM? I'm all in for a set of HIDs but I don't want to trim my core. Also, did you ever get that write up done on the conversion? Might want to post a link here if so.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im having radio issues with my HIDs. When the lights are on and I have the radio playing it can get develop a lot of static, turn them off and radio is fine. I thought at first it was cause they were mounted to the inner fender and interfering with the antenna. So I zip tied them up and I still have the same problem. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fix ideas? Im also running an aftermarket deck fyi.

Elliott

Reaction score
Im having radio issues with my HIDs. When the lights are on and I have the radio playing it can get develop a lot of static, turn them off and radio is fine. I thought at first it was cause they were mounted to the inner fender and interfering with the antenna. So I zip tied them up and I still have the same problem. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fix ideas? Im also running an aftermarket deck fyi.

I'm gunna guess that to be a grounding issue. Whether it's a bad ground to the HID, maybe a loose connection on the ballast, or the antenna, or even the radio. A poor ground can really mess some stuff up. I would also chase the Antenna wire to make sure it hasn't rubbed anything and isn't stripped