How To: Install a Compass / Temperature Rear View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a mirror from a 96 suburban and it only had the first 3 pins (pink or red, black and light green) no other wires were found.
You must be registered for see images attach

^this is the mirror, I presume its just a compass and auto dim mirror?

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a mirror from a 96 suburban and it only had the first 3 pins (pink or red, black and light green) no other wires were found.

Does it have an LCD display in the glass? I think it's the compass and dim only. No temp.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats what i have now^ just compass and dim pretty sure. i saw a werid looking on in the yuukon at yard but didnt know if it was temp or not

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats what i have now^ just compass and dim pretty sure. i saw a werid looking on in the yuukon at yard but didnt know if it was temp or not
Look and see if you can find the temperature probe on the grill (assuming it's a obs. the nbs put it in a different spot) if there's no temperature sender then the mirror can't be a temp mirror. If people are interested I think I can get a couple more mirrors from the yard next week. Send me a PM if you might be interested in having me pick one up for you.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it have an LCD display in the glass? I think it's the compass and dim only. No temp.
yes it does have the LCD display in the corner. I think so too now that you mention it. thanks for the help.
I'm guessing I have to hook up the wires accordingly; power (red), ground (black) and the backup lights (light green)?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score

That mirror is identical to a Gentex-120, it's auto-dim and compass, it has the ability to be a temp mirror but would need the necessary corrections done to the internals in order to display temp. In stock form, the number 6&7 pins in the mirror are dummy pins, atleast from what I've gathered about them.