How To: Install a Compass / Temperature Rear View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question but, what gauge wiring do I need to create the harness for the temperature sensor to the mirror?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pulled a mirror from an 2000 Escalade at the pull yard yesterday, realized after I was more than a hour away I forgot the temp probe, plug and bracket. Anyone have the part # so I can order one from RockAuto or somewhere? Maybe someone has an extra laying around they would ship me for a few bucks.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I could go yank one for ya.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I could go yank one for ya.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Shoot me a PM with the price + shipping to 72450. and a paypal email addy to pay you with. I would just need the probe, plug +some of the wire, and a bracket would be great, but not a deal breaker. the pull yard is like an hour drive for me so I only go once every few months.

xgiovannix12

Reaction score
So I finally got around to installing my mirror I have an issue when I put my lights on the mirror shuts off .. green wire is grounded not sure whats going on

xgiovannix12

Reaction score
So I finally got around to installing my mirror I have an issue when I put my lights on the mirror shuts off .. green wire is grounded not sure whats going on

Figured out the issue Dont isolate the ground it must be grounded to the body

Andrew89/98

Reaction score
I just finished doing this install in my '95 pickup today. The compass works fine but I get nothing for the temperature, just a dark screen. No "OC" displayed either. When I push the temp button, the little green light comes on and goes off if I push it again. I checked my wiring and it all appears okay. I tried with a different sensor and pigtail but no change. Dimming feature works well. Any ideas? Thanks if advance!
What does the OC stand for? I had this installed about a year ago, truck was stolen and I'm trying to put this mirror back in. Compass works fine, temp shows OC. Any ideas?
You must be registered for see images attach

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
What does the OC stand for? I had this installed about a year ago, truck was stolen and I'm trying to put this mirror back in. Compass works fine, temp shows OC. Any ideas?
Open circuit. Check your wiring and connections. Also if the temp is 0* F outside, the mirror may think that there is a fault in the system.

Sent from my LeapFrog

Andrew89/98

Reaction score
Open circuit. Check your wiring and connections. Also if the temp is 0* F outside, the mirror may think that there is a fault in the system.

Sent from my LeapFrog
Thank you. No our temp here in Fresno, Ca has been 110 for the past few days lol...