HOW TO: Fix Bouncy/Hummingbird Fuel Gauge Needle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fuel gauge is stuck on full, any ideas?
Probably a ground issue, mines been doing the same thing. Every once in a while it will jump around but always goes back to full. I haven't had a chance to check it. I use the trip odometer so I know when to fill up

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would most likely be the sensor.

Yep. The one by the exhaust manifold had a destroyed connection for anyone reading through this. The sensor was actually good, just needed to wire in a junk yard connection - I didn't know there was a second temp sensor (technically a temp "switch") until I went to the dealership... Thanks ChrisAU.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Yep. The one by the exhaust manifold had a destroyed connection. The sensor was actually good, just needed to wire in a junk yard connection - I didn't know that was a second temp sensor (technical temp "switch") until I went to the dealership for sensors... Thanks ChrisAU.

Glad to hear it is fixed!

Charlie

Reaction score
Probably a ground issue, mines been doing the same thing. Every once in a while it will jump around but always goes back to full. I haven't had a chance to check it. I use the trip odometer so I know when to fill up
How would I fix that? Is there a YouTube video?

2doorfiend

Reaction score
aye, I'm gonna try this here pretty soon. Just got an escalade cluster... anyone know if this works the same with the battery gauge? it twitches a lot more than my fuel gauge, both seem to be generally in the right spots and "work" still. thanks!

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
how bout buying a new gauge cluster would that solve the problem i got some that works at oreillys and i can get it for like cheap maybe 150 or so

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score