How should I paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's my '97 Burb, black and silver 2 tone:

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Holy crap they're almost twins! If yours was a 4x4 they totally would be. Congrats on the best factory two tone color combo! :lol:

You must be registered for see images

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy crap they're almost twins! If yours was a 4x4 they totally would be. Congrats on the best factory two tone color combo! [emoji38]

I also have this 2 tone on my 88 sierra but with red pinstripes between the 2 colors. My favorite color combp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap they're almost twins! If yours was a 4x4 they totally would be. Congrats on the best factory two tone color combo! [emoji38]

That is one damned fine ride. I wish mine were that clean. And yes, my favorite factory color combo!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is one damned fine ride. I wish mine were that clean. And yes, my favorite factory color combo!

Thanks! I try. It's got some rust issues but they've been holding pretty steady now that it's parked indoors full time. One of these days that'll make it to the top of the list...

Yours looks great too!

LS6rally

Reaction score
my old Midnight blue/ Silver two tone 95

& my old Black / Gold tow tone 95

that black and gold wasnt my favortie when i bought it, but it really grew on me.

if i were painting a truck today, id go with the GMT800 Charcoal Metallic color, with a white center section and an inferno orange, synergy green, or competition yellow pinstripe.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Black and Gold is a great combo you have there!

Also, gotta love the blue! My favorite color. :D

Wasn't it '95 the last year of the two tone center? (The color was on the top and bottom and the two-tone was in the center.) And wasn't it '96 the first year for the two-tone color on the bottom? When I first bought my truck, I had a blue top and pewter bottom. Well, but hang on, the '95 parts truck I have was the same exact two-tone as my truck... they could've looked like twins (if it were a half-ton, then they would be twins)... so confused...

Jacob6Lug

Reaction score
my old Midnight blue/ Silver two tone 95

& my old Black / Gold tow tone 95

that black and gold wasnt my favortie when i bought it, but it really grew on me.

if i were painting a truck today, id go with the GMT800 Charcoal Metallic color, with a white center section and an inferno orange, synergy green, or competition yellow pinstripe.
I like the gold and black on your single cab. That's kind of what I was thinking about for mine.