Homemade torsion bar relocators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
I'd buy these

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
So it looks like I have the right length and angles now. It has around 1/2" clearance from the trans cross member, even with the arm jacked all the way to the bump stop still had good clearance. I think the next step would be to decide what metal/grade to use and definitely put some extra material around the hex shapes.

You must be registered for see images attach

1018 - 1020 steels would be too weak in my opinion, I would be looking at the 4000 series steels like 4140 or 4340 for something like this. Malleable, but TOUGH.

Blahblahblar

Reaction score
So far so good guys, the picture is the truck sitting on its own with no jacks or anything. Bounced it a little to make sure she wasn't balancing on a thread. Torison bars haven't been cranked yet and have a few bolts to tighten for the lift kit still. The rain here runs right threw my carport so that was enough for today. Let me know if you guys want trucks spec or have some questions

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How are they fixtured on the t-bar hex or the control arm so they don't work themselves rearward?

Blahblahblar

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna drill a hole in the side of the brackets for a set screw to the torsion bar. If it's fixed to the torsion bar it shouldnt need anything to hold it to the control arm, not to mention it's a super tight fit in the control arm.

Blahblahblar

Reaction score
So drove a little bit today and leveled it, wanna get a real alinement from a shop before I do much. Going camping this weekend, I'm gonna be driving around 250km so that should be a fairly good test.