Home-made cowl hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Started making a cowl hood today for my 90 swb sc k1500 had a old hood laying around and figured what the heck I'll give it a shot here is the progress as of now tomorrow I'm going to spot weld and fiberglass the sides and put mesh in the back let me know what y'all think so far.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tzfbird

Reaction score
That's generally the cheap and easy way to do it which works. The only other thing is to pie-cut it as it goes towards the rear of the hood so you can have an angle to the sides. Just a minor detail so it doesn't have vertical lines and sharp corners which are harder to sand and paint.
Way better than riveting a cowl or scoop on though. Keep at it.

Reaction score
That's generally the cheap and easy way to do it which works. The only other thing is to pie-cut it as it goes towards the rear of the hood so you can have an angle to the sides. Just a minor detail so it doesn't have vertical lines and sharp corners which are harder to sand and paint.
Way better than riveting a cowl or scoop on though. Keep at it.
What I ended up doing was I took some extra metal I had and put on the back section of the cowl and on the sides I cut it at a angle and welded it in plan on painting it today it's under primer right now still have to wet sand and fix any minor spots

Reaction score
What I did is measured from the center each way to get the size I wanted and measured 2.5 inches from the back and cut all the way through then cut some metal to tie the cowl sections bracing to the bottom bracing then took sheet metal and filled in the gap and welded from the inside so it is a fully functional cowl induction hood