Holiday Rambler Restore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
This weekend I flipped the axles on the old girl for a little more ground clearance.
Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

Made about a 6" difference. It will be level when I hook up equilizer hitch!:)

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes it now has a higher center of gravity but the trade off is I'm not dragging the rear of the camper all the time.
I plan to add a gray water tank shortly and the dump valves will hang lower also. It should be level with the truck with the equalizer hitch hooked up. In the pic I didn't bother to put the bars on since I was only going 5 miles. I just took it easy.
I was suprised at how well it pulled in the wind going home.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not get an adjustable drop hitch? That way it would maintain it's centre of gravity

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Why not get an adjustable drop hitch? That way it would maintain it's centre of gravity
I didn't want to knock the new dump valves off when I put them in, they will hang below the camper instead of even with it. This was also a lot cheaper $40.00 compared to $200.00.

93$ilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok yea thats a few hours away, nice trailer, my parents always had trailers like that, they are heavy as hell but nice.