Hobbs 96 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swap the dash they said...it will be fun they said! Bull!!!!

Well...I finally found a decent 97/98 gray dash in pretty good shape that the dude had already pulled. I just had to meet him. That was the easy part.

Day one. Got the passenger air bag out, the hvac ducting, and what was left of the wiring out of the back of the dash. Then I stripped the remaining components (slide out cup holder, cig lighter assembly). Another member on here has a cubby for me to install in place of the passenger air bag.

Next step is to thoroughly clean the hvac ducting and the dash down. Still undecided on if I should paint it or not.

Anyways..here are some pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On a related note, anyone know what the blue box is that is mounted under where the hvac controls go, or the gray box to the right of the airbag connectors in the rear side dash pic above?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I personally hate the 97-98 dashes, but that dash does look like it's in good shape. :)

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I deleted my other post, because I forgot to ask if you got any further progress with the dash?

By the way, nice build.