Hitch Isn't Centered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowride55

Reaction score
I own a 96 GMC sierra 2wd swb. I got to looking at the back of my truck today and noticed the hitch is off to the left about 3/16 of an inch give or take. It isnt real noticeable but looks kind of dumb not being in the center. I crawled under and noticed the hitch is adjustable because the bolts are in slots in the hitch. Since the truck has lived in illinois theres a nice amout of rust on the bolts and I dont feel like snapping them just to move my hitch. I dont plan on towing a whole lot, but is this something to worry about? I checked all the bolts and their tight so I dont know if the idiot who installed it didnt bother to center it or if it just drifted over time.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I think the only problem is if it bothers you enough to move it. If you do, do like Chris said and get you some new grade 8 bolts and just chunk what's there.