Hidden Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anybody have a link or part number to a hitch that doesn't sit underneath the bumper? really want the newer style where only the receiver portion is visible under the bumper. pictures would be awesome too! :head3: thanks

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Curt Manufacturing part number 14081

Just installed mine tonight and it is hidden. Rated for 10k trailer weight, I ordered it on Summit Monday night free shipping and handling and got it today $198.51 to my door.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing good, have too wait till tomorrow when suns up.

You must be registered for see images attach

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this first picture gives you a good shot of the new one, compared to the factory one on my green truck.

Not sure what Summit says about it fitting your truck, but according to the directions it will fit all full size Chevys 88-2000 (old body style.) half tons up to 98 and 2500/3500 up too 00 (old body style) reg, ext or 4dr long and short bed. Keep in mind this is also the heaviest hitch I could find for my truck, so their may be a heavier one for your 2500 or a lighter one, depending on what you're looking for it to do. Also with it being a hidden hitch, you have to push your spare tire forward as you raise it up (to clear the hitch,) and because of this I don't think it allowed it to be sucked up as far as it originally was. So having a bit bigger spare, considering yours is a 4x4 2500, you may not be able to keep your spare in anymore or it atleast may not fit quite the same as it did.

97SilveradoHD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i took that anchor(spare tire) out long time ago haha I think i'll get one ordered up tonight maybe! thanks again for the pics

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dam that's a hitch that's meant for a roll pan only ain't it? Never thought about that