HID reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black an tan Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently put some new reverse lights on my truck, with bein lifted, tinted windows an them bein crank at that, I need help seein behind me at night. Well I traded some old tires for some regular 6" lights you can buy at walmart for 20-30 bucks. Opened them up an remove the H3 bulb( must have a bulb thats replaceable). Installed the H3 6000K 35w bulb, I had to lengthen the two wires for the bulb to run to the ballast which only required splicing an addin more wire to run thru the mountin stud. Then I mounted the lights in the holes behind the bumper that are in the frame, it was the perfect location for them. The ballast fit in the rear most crossmember by the rear bumper. I use a switch to turn them on which power is sent after goin thru a relay

Heres the ballast mounted(somewhat) an wires tied outta the way
You must be registered for see images attach

Lookin at the lights

And the pattern behind me, which with tow mirrors works amazin. I can see behind me with my windows rolled up an havin 15% front tint

Black an tan Z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man lol every time I upgrade some part of my lighting with HIDs I fall more in love with them lol I would recommend anyone to do these

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool. Hey guys that have HID ballast gone bad or want to buy HID lights look up this seller on ebay also look at the test he does on his ballast.
gadgetmalls is his name.

bigblue97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
what did u have to use to make these work for your lights cus i would LOVE to do this