Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have an issue with trying to figure out my rear axel I went to replace yoke and ujoints but ujoints were too small so I had to go with a bigger size now I'm fighting with the yoke size the 9.5 fits my rear end but not the ujoints and the 10.5 fits my ujoints (barely) but it's too big for my rear end any help would be appreciated thanks

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s really hard to read this with run-on sentences. I think what you’re looking for is a conversion u-joint. Did you install a 14 bolt 9.5 rear end in place of original 8.5?

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be helpful. If you would post, what year vehicle you are working on.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be helpful. If you would post, what year vehicle you are working on.
Year, model, 2WD or 4WD, single-tires or dually, number of lug studs, and which axle it has.

And whether any of that is modified--different driveshaft, replacement axle assembly, etc.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
measure everything with a caliper and bring those measurements it a parts store and they will be able to find a conversion u-joint that will fit. You'll need diameters of the yoke and driveshaft, length end to end of the caps, and know if its internal c-clip or external c-clip on the driveshaft.

Or better yet, if you have the yoke off the truck you can bring both that and the shaft into the store and they will find the right parts guaranteed, the first time.