Help With Running Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaysen

Reaction score
I have a 97 GMC RCSB Z-71 5.7 Auto.

I am wanting to put a Borla Pro XS muffler on my truck but they dont make a dual in single out. My question is will a magnaflow dual in single out y pipe work so I can just buy a borla single in single out??????

My factory exhaust has two cat leading into the muffler, wich means I would put the y pipe after the cats. I want to keep the stock pipe for now until I can afford a new setup

Reaction score
yes that will work. what kind of sound are you looking for? the XS muffler is very mild muffler. if youre wanting something with a little more growl then save up for the XR-1 case.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Didn't a couple people in the xr1 thread on fsc say that the xr1 on the 5.7 in these trucks sounds like ass and are pretty quiet?

Jaysen

Reaction score
Well all my trucks have always had flowmaster, but I drive mostly highway and am worried about the drone since the truck is a rcsb. Any info would be nice on what flowmaster or any other mufflers would work. I dont want a quite exhaust but dont want a super loud either.

Reaction score
they all had the oval case over the round case. i think that made the difference, camo99z is the main guy that said he didnt like them. but he loved them on my truck so :dunno: